Monday, September 07, 2009

Max Lucado: Fearless


A couple of weeks ago I was offer the chance to review Max Lucado's most recent release.

I jumped at the chance.



To say the release of this book is timely given the state our country is in would be an understatement. I thank the Lord for the relative peace our family has experienced through it all- yet Mr. Lucado touches on many facets of fear people face despite the "economic times."


The fear of not protecting my kids. The fear of violence. The fear of overwhelming challenges. This is just a sampling of the chapters he covers with engaging relevance. Many times while reading the book I was struck by how accurately Mr. Lucado depicted fears that I thought were my own. Fear is real. We all feel it. Faith is real, too. Mr. Lucado invites us to allow "faith, and not fear, be our default reaction to threats." Over and over he points to the promises of Christ that dispel fear.


If you haven't yet read a book by Max Lucado, you are in for a treat. His writing style is completely engaging. He interweaves laugh-out-loud humor, fascinating stories and Biblical truth in a way that makes you yearn for more.


This book will stay on our coffee table for months to come.


Come on over. :)

No comments: