Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Since we moved into our home four years ago there have been a multitude of home improvement projects- we definitely bought a fixer-upper. It's been fun, most of the time. Little by little we're making our home what we want it to be, with an ever present "to-do-around-the-house" list. Because Jake is a teacher, our summers are prime project time!

Today I am tackling the trim. Jake stripped, sanded and taped it off, and I'm the primer and painter. I remember before we moved in, as friends were helping us paint the living/dining room. They asked, "Should we tape off the trim before we paint the walls?" " No, no," we answered, "we're painting the trim." Had anyone added "...In four years" to that comment I would have clocked them, but alas, here we are. We're getting better- the only time I saw the trim up in our last house was when I came back to clean after we had all of our stuff moved out! I am doing the five remaining downstairs windows and a door frame. There will be much more to do, but I'll give you a photo update at the end of the day.

No comments: