Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Quilt!

I left home Sunday night with the two little kids and headed to Jake's parents.
My Mother-in-Law, Joyce, graciously offered to make us a quilt, and it was time to begin! I have never done quilting, so I listened, then jumped in- cutting and sewing and here is (most of) the top! I brought it home to see how wide we want the remaining strips to be. (Our current quilt is sticking out from under it in the picture) Joyce and I had a LOT of fun (Despite the fact that Noah and Jake were home for TWO SNOW DAYS IN A ROW! Doesn't it figure? I leave town and THEN they get 18 inches of snow and two snow days!!!) and I don't think we did bad for a day and a half! Can't wait for it to be all the way done. I'll keep you "posted." hee hee


  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tammy said...

It is going to be SO pretty! Just love the colors, and I bet they are better in person than in pics. I'm glad you made it home safely. What a bummer you couldn't be with your hubby for the snow days : (
Talk to you soon!

Marti said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it in "real life." :)

Mama Heffalump said...

Love the colors! You gals had a very productive visit! *Grin*