Friday, March 30, 2007

Wrapping up the Week



Well, here you have it. I am carrying a wee one the size of a fig this week. That translates to T-202 days until the addition (physical house addition) must be finished! Ahhh...

For those who don't know the minute-by-minute plans of the Dahl family... We had been looking to do a kitchen remodel this summer and after news of the fig hit, decided quickly that an additional bedroom trumped the need for pretty countertops and floors. So we are looking at (and praying for) putting on an "east wing" master bedroom. Your prayers for wisdom would be greatly appreciated as we begin this project. We are newbies at the building process and it seems a bit daunting at this end.

This weekend holds some time with my mom as she is headed up for a short visit. We hope to shop in the morning and she'll spend some time with Jake and the kids as I head into work tomorrow night.

We've had a rainy, cold end of the week. The days have rushed by and I've spend most of my time in the kitchen, it seems. My aunt had sent me a subscription to "Cooking Light" for about 5 years and I recently compiled two cookbooks of what I thought our family would enjoy from them. So far we have not been disappointed... Mango and Raspberry Crisp, Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Cuban Picadillo, Beef and Barley Soup, Pork Tenderloin Enchiladas, Chicken/Cheesy Noodle Bake... they've all been very good. And what better place to be on a rainy spring day than a warm kitchen? (OK, a comfy chair in front of a fire. Or bed. There are better places.)

De- I am contemplating the Real Moms post. I'm not ignoring you! :)

Take Care. Happy Weekend.

No comments: