Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Thankful Tuesday

I'm sitting here thinking how thankful I am- so with no disrespect intended to Banana for it only being a Tuesday, here goes.

1. I'm thankful for friends. They ARE a gift from God. We don't NEED them... we only NEED Him, but He gives us friends because He knows they can bring us such joy.

2. I'm thankful for the bible study I'm doing right now, entitled Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh De Moss. It's a great book. It's very simply written and liberating. I'm learning so much- and the simple fact is I wouldn't say I believe these lies, but there are some that I live. Our actions are the fruit of our heart. I'm thankful that God isn't finished with me yet.

3. I'm thankful that today isn't what it looked to be at 5am. Doodle came flying into our room, "Mommy- I'm sick!" and stood queasily at the toilet for the next 10 minutes while I scratched his back and prayed he'd feel better. Thankfully he does, and it didn't take the emptying of his stomach to get there. He went back to bed with a towel and bucket and seems to be great.

4. I'm thankful for my husband. Before going into work for the 4th straight night I told him we needed to go on a date. He set it all up while I was at work and last night we enjoyed a quiet dinner and conversation. Ahhh... He even said that it would be easier to shop with him last night than 3 kids on my own tonight, and we got groceries, too! (We know how to party.)

5. I'm thankful for grocery fairies who stop by with gifts- even when they are in more need than you are. :) Thank you, sweet grocery angel- you know who you are. :)

6. I'm thankful for the amazing provision of God. We have SO much. Not just us- the majority of our country. We are blessed beyond words with things . Most of which will be gone in the blink of an eye.

So, I'm thankful. With good reason. God IS good.

1 comment:

De said...

Great post