Sunday, January 07, 2007

Weekend update

Well, Doodle laid low for about an hour Wednesday (just enough time for me to decide we weren't doing school) and then was back to his normal self. So, I don't think he had a stomach virus. We did school Thursday and Friday, and he did well. It takes both of us a bit to get back in the swing of things.

Friday night we went to the Bulldog game, then came home and watched 24 (surprise, surprise!). Jake and the boys got a last minute invite to go fishing in the morning, so our plans of a family day to EC were foiled. Doodle lives to fish (we hope it morphs into a strong desire to fish for men!) and Jake just couldn't pass up this chance to get him out on the ice. Bella and I continued with our plans to shop- so we ate breakfast, loaded up and headed down- only for a stop after a bought of carsickness (her, not me) A package of wipes and a cute new outfit later and we were back in business. I spent my gift card to Eddie Bauer on a cute new pair of pants and a purple shirt (thanks mom!) and Bella found a magnetic Cinderella paper doll set that she bought. We had lunch together and headed home.

We had (they brought in!) friends for supper and then sent our hubbies out for a movie and appetizers. Often the dad around this house doesn't get any guy-time to speak of and it was SO fun to enable it!

Today I got some great mommy-time as my adventurous friend and I hit the trail to the south and did a 4 1/2 mile hike. It. Was. Great. and I could be persuaded to do it again at the drop of a hat. What a gorgeous world our Lord has made!

So, here I sit. All is well with the Dahls. Just Doodling away in our corner of the world. Running the earth- Watching the sky.

No comments: