Wednesday, September 05, 2007

For the Faithful...

... readers who might actually be checking this dinosaur after all this time!

We are alive. We are well. We are undergoing a season of change like no other in the Dahl house, and learning that although it may be hard, it may stretch us, change isn't bad. Just uncomfortable.

For those who don't know, Jaker accepted a late-posted teaching job in his home town. It's a state away, and will be good. We have wonderful family there- the kids will grow up with grandparents in the same town, it is no further for the other grandparents... It's just change. And just as our addition/remodel is getting done. And just as the baby is only 5 weeks from being born. We will miss our church family more than anything. We've made Dear, Dear friends here over the past decade, and have grown to love our community... but it's our church and friends we will miss the most.

SO... I have started my first week of "single-momming-it" as Jake travels down for the week and will come back on weekends. We have hired out the finishing of the house... one guy is doing the siding and another the finishing work inside. A third gentleman from church graciously came today to put trim up out of the kindness of his heart! (See why it will be so hard to leave our friends here!?) The details are coming together. I have a goal of doing Kindergarten with Bella in the mornings (today we started when the boys got on the bus at 7:45 and were done by 9:15.), packing and cleaning with her until noon and then after lunch tackling the list of many little things that need doing- painting for the most part. We have (maybe foolishly) decided to have an impromptu open house this Saturday, which is our city-wide garage sale day. I hope to have a really good cleaning day on Friday! :)

The Lord has been good to us in so many ways. Today He provided a place for us to stay for Nov - March! (We are not planning on a quick house sale- though I trust He could do it- the market around here is TERRIBLE!) Not a small thing seeing as how the town we are headed to was one of the worst hit in the recent Minnesota floods!

That's about it. I better get my sleep tonight. I've got a Kindergartner who will need me at my best in the AM. Not to mention an active 34-week-gestational baby that is sapping me of the last of my energy for the day. Why is it they rev up as I putter down?

I'll leave you with a "First Day of School" photo of my babies...

No comments: