Thursday, December 08, 2005

Just needed everyone out there to know that we're OK. I've been trying hard to stay on top of holiday preparations and blogging has tended to be at the bottom of my "to-do" list. Today is a baking day. I'm going to work on Doodle's birthday cake- tomorrow is his 6th!!! Reflections on that can wait until tomorrow...
We're also going to make my favorite Christmas cookies- Chocolate Crinkles. I'm really not much for sweets, but these brownie-like creations are divine. Betty Crocker at her best.

Please pray specifically for Jake today. A decision is being made today that will affect him... And would really stretch me. Not in a bad way, but in a faith way. I can't share more now, but will when I can. Pray that the Lord's will is done. It's so easy for me to take my eyes off Him and look to all those around me. He's a faithful God and whatever happens, I will trust His leading.

Cards are out. Every gift that is bought is wrapped and tucked away. Decorations are in place. Baking has begun. Christmas music has been ringing through our home. Our advent time has been precious- a tribute to the attributes of Jesus. May Christ continue to be the focus of the season.

One short aside, I have promised some that I would post a photo of Jake's Christmas gift to me. My dear sweet husband totally floored me a few weeks ago while Christmas shopping and pulled me into the store he bought my engagement ring from almost 9 years ago. He told me he would like to "upgrade" my diamond for Christmas this year. (This being said to Miss Practical- especially in the gift dept.!) The thought had never crossed my mind. We spent some time in the store- me shaking like a leaf with a unbelieving grin plastered on my face. Well, yesterday the time had come to pick it up and I must say- it's beautiful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, my dear wonderful husband!!! You're still amazing me 8+ years later... I love you!

4 comments:

"Ruby" said...

How cool! I just stumbled on your site thinking maybe it belonged to some Dahl's we know in Minnesota. It didn't. BUT I could swear I found my twin and she has a personal relationship with Jesus like me! I also saw that we enjoy the same movies - especially LOTR, we have been married about the same number of years, and we have many of the same interests!
I guess that was just fun to me. You can check out my blog - Sippy Cup Moments here in blogger. I'm not sure if my name will automatically link you to it. I am bookmarking your site so I can stop in now and then.
Bye!

molly said...

We're in Wisconsin, but my husband IS originally from Minnesota (southeast). We need to get in touch via e-mail!

Jodi said...

So where's the picture????

Enjoy your gift! I can't wait to see it in person.

Seversons said...

You have intrigued me with what is going on with Jason. Hope to hear what it is soon!