Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dear Little Schiester,

Lanman Jon Mason!
Get used to hearing that, my little man, because after the stunt you pulled today I have a feeling it's coming often!
Today, while mama was working on some stuff on the computer, you meandered off from the bedroom. I was not alarmed, as you had been toddling off to bring me books and toys. I actually thought perhaps you had found one lone interesting toy and were spending time with it. When I called you, I heard a mother's sure sign of trouble... SILENCE.
Knowing that you have mastered our door handles I jumped up and ran. I knew you couldn't be too far and I hadn't heard the front door's tell-tale "whooshing" sound. So I started calling you, "Lanman?"
(nothing)
"LANman?"
(nope)
"LANMAN?!"
I ran from our room to the laundry room, checked the doors, the kitchen, under the kitchen desk, back to our closet the big kids' room, all in about 10 seconds and you were gone. NOT a TRACE.

(Settle down, Mom, it ends good.)

I stopped. Took a deep breath and was about to head for the basement when I nearly jumped out of my skin, you stinker!

There you were, laying ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER!
YOUR HEAD ON THE CANDY DISH LIKE A PILLOW!
LEGS CROSSED AND A SILENT SMILE ACROSS YOU FACE.
LIKE I WAS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH MY HEAD CUT OFF IN PANIC SIMPLY FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT.

(suspicious egg-shaped foil in shreds around you...)

ugh.
So I did what every good mother would do.
I grabbed my camera and turned AWAY when I laughed at you.





Love always(you stink pot),
Your Mommy


P.S.In case anyone else is reading this besides Lanman... my patient Sister-in-Law helped me put this up in our basement FAMILY room last week.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marti said...

Always good to start the morning with a laugh! Thanks Lanman!

(But don't tell him I said so. I don't want to be accused of encouraging his shenanigans.)

Definitely a "We Laugh" moment.