Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My first review: Read and Share DVD Bible: Vol. 1

I recently agreed to join the Book Review Blogging Team for Thomas Nelson Publishers. I like that the reviews can be done on my own timetable and to start out I picked a product I knew I could get through rather easily... A Children's DVD. :)

I received the "Read and Share DVD Bible Volume 1" and first watched it with my 18-month-old. The DVD is made up of 13 Bible stories told in 3-minute segments. The animation is basic and moves slowly, which seemed to really help keep my toddler's attention. I thought we would just watch the first couple stories, but he was captivated for seven stories before he toddled away. The DVD incorporates lots of small animals which grabbed his attention and kept it. I know that at this point he doesn't follow the Bible stories being told, but he is hearing them and that is important.

The stories that are included on this DVD are:
1. The Beginning
2. Adam and Eve
3. The Flood
4. Abram
5. Isaac and Rebekah
6. Jacob and Esau
7. Rachel
8. Home Again
9. John the Baptist
10. Jesus is Born
11. Jesus Tempted by Satan
12. Jesus Loves Children
13. One Lost Sheep

After watching the DVD I think children ages 18 months to 5 or 6 years-old would most enjoy it. That being said, our older children, ages 7, 9, and 11 all watched the DVD the entire way through and really liked it. :)

Check out the entire Thomas Nelson site for books, DVDs, Bible studies and other tools to help you in your walk. I will share these reviews periodically. Feel free to share your feedback!

No comments: