Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dances With Skunks-Now on DVD

Well, due to the precious avocado I am incubating, I will not be able to join friends in doing the May Day weight loss challenge. I do however, hope to control the weight gain with this pregnancy, and hope to not retain "our little caboose" with a big ol' caboose of my own.

So, with that in mind I set out for a walk this morning, met up with a friend for a bit, and then parted ways to head to our own homes. I walk a little frontage-type road and was admiring all the new green life in the ditch when out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. About 5 feet away in the middle of the road was a skunk, precariously tiptoeing on it's front feet- rear in the air. I took a quick step back, then side stepped slowly along the road, trying to look as non-threatening as I could. Without the release of any aroma, he started waddling away. He took the opposite ditch to the nearest culvert with me crossing to watch him until he was out of sight.

So there you have it. My brush with nature on a lovely Wednesday morning.

I made delicious mango/banana smoothies for breakfast- just the fruit and milk. Oh, were they good! Now off to do the bills in which I will sweat off any water weight I am carrying. :) I have a baby check this afternoon. Stay tuned for the produce update tomorrow!

No comments: