Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Walla Walla, anyone?


So today the baby has reached the size of a large onion. Approximately 5 oz. and 5 inches long. However, to this point, I have gained 5 pounds total. (Where's the justice!?) Seeing as how I am 17 weeks along out of 40 total weeks, I figure I will gain a grand total of 11.76 pounds. You know, when you cross-multiply and divide. ;)(insert snickers. Or Snickers... yum.)
The tough news is that I have had my heart set on finding out the gender via ultrasound which our doctor has always done between 18 and 20 weeks. Yesterday he informed me he would do it at 24 weeks... which is late June/ early July. That's a long time, people!

I have felt the baby move just a few brief moments. I really don't sit still very often, so I am sure it moves more frequently, I'm just not paying attention. Sometimes I can see a baby belly plain as day, and other days I can't even tell it's there (usually in the morning). That's about all the news I have for you on the gestation front.

Tomorrow is the long awaited "Garage sale day" (insert angelic "Ah-ha's"). I will share a portion of my list with you, though like last year, I am sure I will find many treasures that I am forgetting I need until I see them. Here goes:

1.Shoes, shoes, boots and more shoes for all three kids.
2.an umbrella stroller (never had one, believe it or not. Spoiled baby of the family. :) )
3. a hot thermos
4. a bigger cold beverage thermos (1 gal+)
5. rollerblades for Noodle
6. a bathroom scale (again, never had one!)
7. bedside lamps
8. Little House books
9. an aluminum bat (or a few of them)
10. brown dress sandals for me
11. sawhorses
12. a sled (or a few of them)
My youngest SIL os making her maiden voyage with us, and seems to be up to the rigors of the day. :) She and her family should be arriving later tonight.

God has been so good to us. I am so thankful for health. For friends. For family. For the beauty of His creation. For new life. For the joy children bring. For this new little life inside me. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: