Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Innocent Thoughts on an Amputated Leg (the dog's)

I guess we didn't explain the whole amputation process to our kids very well. I just told the little ones that we had to finish up lunch so we could head to the vet to have Mattie's stitches taken out.

Ellie: So then they can sew her leg back on? Cause it's better now, so they'll put it on again.

Dawson: NO! (thoughtful moment) But can I see her leg when we go to the vet?

Me: Well, they've thrown it away by now, honey.

Dawson: I bet when the garbage men came they were like- "Oh, gross, there's a leg!"

Me (in Dawson language): prolly, Daws, prolly... :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

*laugh* That is so funny - not about the dog, tho.
Our dog has had several surgeries to have lumps removed. Not a fun thing and we are about due for some more removals. Oddly, none of my kids have asked to look at them. *grimace*
That's just nasty! *laugh*